How to register a car or a vehicle. Here we are providing step by step procedure and process of registration of a vehicle. And computerized number plate issuing procedure. You can get easily Tax free car Token for life time.
All necessary application forms related to new vehicle registration can be downloaded from concern website or can be obtained from information counter of building of Excise Department, Islamabad.
List of Required documents of Applicants
Photocopy of National Identity card NIC of the Customer
- Application to the Excise & Taxation Officer for new Car registration.
- Evidence of purchase, which can be any of the following:
- In case of locally Made vehicle, Sale Certificate will be required.
- In case of imported vehicle, Bill of Entry, Bill of Lading and old registration book will be required.
- In case of auctioned vehicle, auction voucher shall be required.
- Proof of your residence, which can be either of the following:
Any kind of Bills (i.e. electricity, sui-gas, telephone etc.), CNIC, rent Agreement, Registry, Allotment letter or office card/appointment letter (in case of Government servant) shall be acceptable as residential proof in Islamabad. In case of non-resident of Islamabad who reside with some other person, the residential proof and affirmation shall be acceptable from that other person. The person who submits the affidavit shall also be present long with original CNIC and contact number.
Documents will be presented for verification to the inspector.
Inspectors will ask to fill up the fee challan. Fee can be calculated with the help of information desk or website.
After confirmation of documents, computerized form “F” can be obtained from the Key Punch Operator (KPO).
Fee can be deposited in any or mentioned branches of the National Bank of Pakistan (F-8 Markaz, F-10 Markaz, Blue Area and Melody Market) or the State Bank of Pakistan.
After whole record and fee submission, vehicle shall be produced before Inspector for physical inspection.
After completion of all formalities, documents will be submitted to the KPO on the related counter.
Registration book, number plates and courier service fee shall be deposited to Key Punch Operator (KPO).
Registration voucher and number plates shall be received from relevant KPO.
Write same address on all other documents including affidavit. The original documents would be send out through Postal or courier service at the given/provided address.
Fee calculation Formula:
- Registration fee + Advance Tax + Token Tax + Income Tax + Professional Tax.
- Late fee shall be implemented after 60 days delay in registration (starting from invoice date).
- In case of particular number allocation, special number fee shall be deposited. The schedule of the special number fee is available here or can be obtained from information counter.
- The rates of Income Tax and Token Tax (mentioned in schedule) shall be applicable for whole year starting from 1st July and ending to 30th June. Although applicant shall pay Income tax and Token tax for the rest of the months according to the registration date